Important: Please note that the documents below may refer to legislation that has been repealed. Please check the Mine Safety Legislation section for current, in force WHS legislation applying to mines in NSW.
The Minerals Industry Safety Handbook is a resource that will help all mines assess risks, develop risk controls and put in place or review workplace practices and procedures. It promotes standards in best practice in occupational health and safety.
The Handbook is a companion to the Safety Management Plan - Workbook, which contains information on implementing health and safety management plans. Information in the Handbook came from State Government agencies and Minerals Councils publications.
The handbook is no longer available to purchase in hard copy as it is out-of-print pending a review. Hard copy purchases will resume when the new version is published.
The current version can be downloaded free of charge by chapter in PDF form below.
Note: Please be aware that the online version may contain content and references to legislation that are no longer current.
- MI Safety Handbook foreword [68.4 KB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 1 [1.0 MB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 2 [808.6 KB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 3 [697.4 KB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 4 [4.4 MB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 5 [2.8 MB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 6 [641.6 KB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 7 [669.1 KB PDF]
- MI Safety Handbook part 8 [64.9 KB PDF]