MinView allows on-line interactive display and query of exploration tenement information and geoscience data.
It allows spatial selection, display and download of geological coverages, mineral deposits and mine locations, geophysical survey boundaries, drillhole locations, historical and current exploration title boundaries and other spatial datasets of New South Wales.
MinView also provides an online minerals exploration licence application and payment facility.
Features of MinView
- Minerals exploration licence application online is a graphical selection and e-commerce tool that enables users to identify the area of interest, and then to lodge and pay for the mineral tenure application. The graphical tool reconciles the application against competing land tenure such as other minerals tenements and conservation areas then passes the information to an on-line payment facility. Substantial supporting information is required to be submitted as part of the exploration licence application. Applicants should read the instructions for Lodging an Exploration Licence On-line before lodging an application.
- The email reminder service enables registered users to receive emails reminding them of an impending exploration licence expiry for one or more titles defined by the user.
- Using the email alert service, registered users can also receive emails alerting them to a change in title attributes over user-defined areas of interest.
- The bookmark facility enables easy return to customised views. Users can zoom to and save areas of interest with data layers customised to suit their needs. Registered users can save up to 100 bookmarks to facilitate continuity between sessions. Their stored bookmarks are then available from any other computer or remote site where web browser access to broadband internet is available.
- Downloads, text searches and spatial queries are available in MinView.
- On-line access to the MetIndEx mineral occurrence database is available through MinView. The information sourced from MetIndEx includes the Metallic Mineral Deposits layer and the Major Industrial Minerals Sites layer.
- Access to DIGS® is provided directly from MinView via queries to the DIGS® database of open file exploration company and geoscientific reports. This access to DIGS® is generated by text or spatial queries in MinView on individual tenements or groups of tenements or over user-defined geographic regions. The queries are completed in DIGS® automatically from queries triggered by MinView and provide cross-referenced hyperlinks to the DIGS® database.
- Customisable data layer legend can be user-controlled from a choice of more than 60 data layers although default legends are provided for novice users. Users can create their own spatial data designs by customising their preferred Data Layer Legends from a large choice of data layers using the Select Layer Tool.
The following key information layers are available online.
- Current exploration titles, mining leases and exploration title applications (updated daily)
- Historic exploration titles
- Drillhole data including drill core library information
- Gasfield locations
- Metallic and industrial mineral deposits
- Statewide geology and structures
- Index of government and private geophysical survey locations
- Geophysical imagery
- DEM (Digital Elevation Model)
- Land use layers from other information providers eg National Parks, State Forests, cadastre
View a complete list of MinView layers.
MinView user registration and enquiries
To apply for registration email: email@example.com.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that an email address is collected by the Division of Resources & Energy during registration for the express purpose of activating MinView email alerts and reminder services. This information will not be distributed to any other parties. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with Unsubscribe in the subject field of your email. The supply of your email address is voluntary. However, email alerts and reminder services cannot function without this information being stored on our databases. You can also access or correct your recorded details by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all titles related enquiries please email email@example.com.
IE8 related issues
MinView may not function or display as intended in Windows Internet Explorer 8+. This problem does not occur in earlier versions of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer 8 does include a compatibility view feature that attempts to display websites that were created for older browsers as intended. Refer to page 36 of the MinView user & help guide for further instructions.