Keeping the local community informed is an important part of any exploration program.
Community Consultation requirements are a condition of all exploration licences.
Under the Improved Management of Exploration Regulation (IMER), the requirements for community consultation have been reviewed, with title holders now required to comply with the new Exploration Code of Practice: Community Consultation (where applied by the relevant condition on title).
The Guideline for Community Consultation Requirements for Exploration has also been updated to reflect the new requirements.
These documents outline the minimum requirements that title holders must comply with regarding community consultation.
Some simple templates have been prepared to assist in the identification of community and community groups, recording enquiries and complaints and reporting community consultation actions:
- Exploration Code of Practice: Community Consultation [513.4 KB PDF]
- Guideline for community consultation requirements for exploration [517.1 KB PDF]
- Record of community enquiry complaint [48.5 KB PDF]
- Identification of community and community groups [42.3 KB PDF]
- Guideline for Community Consultation Reporting - Coal and Petroleum Exploration [60.0 KB PDF]
- Public Exhibition Report.pdf [81.8 KB PDF]