On 1 July 2015 the NSW Government introduced a Gas Rebate to help eligible NSW households to pay their natural gas bills.
The NSW Gas Rebate provides:
- $90 (excluding GST) a year to eligible customers who hold a natural gas account with a natural gas retailer of their choice.
To be eligible for the NSW Gas Rebate, you need to:
- be resident in New South Wales; and
- be a customer of the retailer, or a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme; and whose name appears on the gas account for supply of natural gas to his or her principal place of residence; and
- hold either a:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the DHS/DVA; or
- DHS Health Care Card; or
- DVA Gold Card marked with either:
- War Widow or War Widower Pension; or
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI); or
- Disability Pension (EDA).
Note: Commonwealth Senior Heath Card holders are not eligible for this rebate.
How do I apply for the NSW Gas Rebate?
Different application and payment processes apply depending on whether you hold a natural gas account with an retailer of your choice or receive a natural gas bill from, or on behalf of, the operator (or strata manager) of an on-supplied residential community, retirement village or strata scheme.
Click on the links below for information on how to apply.
- I have a natural gas account with a natural gas retailer of my choice.
- I receive a natural gas bill from, or on behalf of, the strata manager or community/village operator where I live.
Frequently asked questions
- Will I still receive the Gas Rebate if I change natural gas retailers?
- What does on-supplied mean?
- I have two natural gas accounts. Can I get two NSW Gas Rebates?
- My partner and I both have an eligible concession card. Can we get two rebates?
- Someone in my household holds an eligible concession card, but I don't. Can I get the rebate?
- I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card. Does that mean I'm eligible for this rebate?
Need more help?
- Service NSW: 137 788
- National Relay Service for Hearing and Speech Impairment: 1300 555 727
- Hearing and Speech Impairment, TTY users: 133 677
- Translation and Interpreting Service: 131 450
- Department of Human Services (Centrelink): 132 300
- Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA): 133 254
You may be interested in other rebates including: