The NSW Government offers a number of rebates to help customers pay their energy bills. These rebates include the:
- Low Income Household Rebate – for customers who hold eligible concession cards issued by the Federal Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- NSW Gas Rebate - for customers who hold eligible concession cards issued by the Federal Department of Human Resources or the Department of Veterans' Affairs;
- Family Energy Rebate – available to customers who have received the Family Tax Benefit;
- Life Support Rebate – for households where residents use certain medical equipment necessary to sustain life; and
- Medical Energy Rebate – for eligible customers who have a medically diagnosed inability to self-regulate body temperature when exposed to extremes of environmental temperatures.
You may be interested in other NSW Government programs:
- Energy Blackouts Compensation - NSW network businesses (the businesses which operate the 'poles and wires') are required to provide a capped level of compensation to customers who have experienced frequent or extended periods of electricity outages.
- Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Scheme - helps people experiencing a short term financial crisis or emergency to pay their electricity or gas bill. The scheme helps people stay connected to essential energy services during a financial crisis. This scheme is not available on an ongoing basis.