The NSW Government offers a number of rebates to help customers pay their energy bills. These rebates include the:
- Low Income Household Rebate – for customers who hold eligible concession cards issued by the Federal Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Family Energy Rebate – available to customers who have received the Family Tax Benefit;
- Life Support Rebate – for households where residents use certain medical equipment necessary to sustain life; and
- Medical Energy Rebate – for eligible customers who have a medically diagnosed inability to self-regulate body temperature when exposed to extremes of environmental temperatures.
- Residential Communities - for people who live in residential communities (caravan parks) who are eligible to receive electricity rebates provided by the NSW Government.
NSW network businesses (the businesses which operate the 'poles and wires') are required to provide a capped level of compensation to customers who have experienced frequent or extended periods of electricity outages. More information on the Energy Blackouts Compensation.