The Energy Assistance Factsheets and Guide have been prepared for and in consultation with community welfare organisations, energy retailers' customer hardship units and financial counsellors.
The factsheets and guide
- provide a 'one stop shop' of information to be used in assisting households manage their energy use
- outline customer rights and billing information
- detail what rebates and programs are available to assist with payment with of energy bills
- explain how to access energy assistance.
The factsheets contain short summaries of information in the Guide as well as details of where to go in the Guide to find out more.
The Energy Assistance Guide and fact sheets can be downloaded here:
- Energy Assistance Guide [4.4 MB PDF]
- Assessing Energy Hardship (for community workers) [1.1 MB PDF]
- Understanding an electricity bill [885.0 KB PDF]
- Understanding a gas bill [761.6 KB PDF]
- Getting help with your finances and energy bills [455.4 KB PDF]
- Reducing your energy costs [655.6 KB PDF]
- Disconnection and reconnection [535.6 KB PDF]
- Disputes and complaints [506.4 KB PDF]
If you have any problems with the accessibility of these publications, please contact Service NSW 13 77 88.